18 Reasons to “Just Say No!” to Vaccination
by Dr. John Ferguson
True story: A school in Massachusetts had a recent flu clinic for students and the community in its gymnasium. A vaccine syringe was dropped, shattered and its contents spilled onto the floor. An evacuation of the entire gym was called and a hazardous waste protocol ensued. See the irony here?
With the ever-increasing rates of “diseases” in our culture in spite of monumental advances in “medical science”, I feel it important for parents to be educated about all health issues, especially the vaccine debate. I would never judge a person for choosing vaccination for themselves or their kids. I know that parents do it with the intent of keeping their kids safe and healthy. However, I believe it is
your right and responsibility to do research and make a well-informed decision before choosing vaccination – or not – and getting both sides of the issue. Then, I will respect your educated decision.
Remember, whatever you choose in life, you have to live with the consequences. I know through research that there are more scientifically sound reasons to opt out of the vaccination program. The current program uses FEAR (and profit) as the motivating force and that should not be the reason for making a recommendation or decision. When fear tactics are used, I find that people make rash decisions that they often regret. Also, let’s not forget the money to be made by the pharmaceutical companies that create these vaccines. What if you could make something for pennies on the dollar and get the government to require everyone to have not one, but multiple of these, wouldn’t you stand to make a huge profit?
If you choose not to vaccinate, I support you and I’m here for you. I’d be happy to speak with you about obtaining exemption from vaccination and finding all-natural ways to keep you and your family’s immune system going strong.
My mission is to help as many people as I can obtain optimal health – especially children!
Why are so many parents rejecting vaccinations for their children? The most common answers I hear and read are:
• They consider the vaccines dangerous and ineffective.
• They prefer natural rather than artificial immunity.
• They have a vaccine-injured child (a growing number).
• They have religious or philosophical objections to vaccination.
Before submitting to any medical procedure you must be fully informed about it. Let’s explore some of these reasons in greater detail.
1 To have healthier children. Research comparing vaccinated and non-vaccinated populations has been avoided by pharmaceutical companies and government agencies. However, some smaller studies by independent scientists are most revealing. In fact, the research reveals that non-vaccinated children are healthier than vaccinated children. Autism, allergies, asthma, ADHD, diabetes, dyslexia, tumors and many other conditions are prevalent in vaccinated children, yet rare in vaccine-free children. 1-3 In one study of vaccinated children, 23.1% had asthma and 30% had allergic diseases. Among the non-vaccinated children there was a zero incidence of asthma or allergies. (1) In another study, vaccinated children had 14 times more asthma and 9.4 times more eczema than non-vaccinated children.
2 To protect my children from vaccine-caused diseases. It is the vaccinated children who have autism, asthma, allergies, skin disorders, immune system disorders, neurological disorders, ADD (attention deficit disorder), ADHD (attention deficit hyperactivity disorder), other behavioral disorders, meningitis, dyslexia, hearing and vision problems. These conditions are rare in the non-vaccinated. (3-4) Other conditions linked to vaccination include pervasive developmental disorder (PDD), Asperger’s syndrome, eczema, meningitis, encephalitis, Guillain-Barre syndrome, convulsions, seizures, anaphylaxis, thrombocytopenia, optic neuritis, ocular palsies, retinitis, deafness, otitis media, ulcerative colitis, bowel disease, Crohn’s disease, headache, dizziness, hearing and vision problems, arthritis, arthralgia, learning disorders, chronic fatigue, diabetes, multiple sclerosis and more.
Robert Mendelsohn, MD writes: “Immunization against relatively harmless childhood diseases may be responsible for the dramatic increase in … cancer, leukemia, rheumatoid arthritis, multiple sclerosis, Lou Gehrig’s disease (ALS), lupus and Guillain-Barre syndrome.”(5) Jane Orient, MD, Executive Director of the Association of American Physicians and Surgeons writes: “Asthma and diabetes … autism and attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder have [increased greatly] since the introduction of many new vaccines….”(6)
3 To protect my baby from crib death (SIDS). What we call crib death or Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS) is, in many cases, vaccination death. Robert Mendelsohn, MD writes: “My suspicion, which is shared by others in my profession, is that the nearly 10,000 SIDS deaths that occur in the U.S. each year are related to one or more of the vaccines that are routinely given to children.” (7) In 1975 Japan raised the minimum age of vaccination from 2 months to 2 years. Crib death, infantile seizures, meningitis and other infectious diseases in infants virtually disappeared. Japan went from 17th in infant mortality to 1st (lowest in the world). However, serious infectious diseases such as meningitis sharply increased in 2-year-olds.(8) Medical researcher Harris Coulter, PhD writes: “Now that the draft has been abolished, mandatory vaccination remains the only time an American is asked to risk his life for his country.”(9)
4 To protect my baby from being injected with toxic poisons. In addition to live and killed bacteria, viri and their toxins, children are injected with some of the most lethal poisons known: formaldehyde; mercury; aluminum; phenol (carbolic acid); borax (ant killer); ethylene glycol (antifreeze); dye; acetone (nail polish remover); latex; MSG; glycerol; polysorbate 80/20; sorbitol; monkey, cow, chick, pig, sheep and dog tissues and cells (may be contaminated with animal viruses); gelatin; casein; human fetal cells; human viruses; antibiotics; genetically modified yeast; and animal, bacterial and viral DNA (may affect recipient’s DNA).
5 I don’t want to play Russian roulette with my child. No one knows the chances of your child being hurt or killed from a vaccination because only a fraction of children who are hurt is ever reported. According to the US Food and Drug Administration, MDs underreport vaccination injuries by 90%.(10) Another report revealed that only one in 50 vaccine-injured children (2%) is ever reported.”(11) Why would that be? There are a number of reasons. One is that most medical doctors do not know how to identify a vaccine reaction. Another is that they refuse to acknowledge that such reactions are inherent in vaccination. After all, they were taught in medical school that vaccines are very safe. A third reason is that it is hard to admit that something they did to help a patient caused that patient harm.
6 Childhood diseases almost completely disappeared before vaccination. The death rate from mumps and pertussis (whooping cough) had decreased over 90% before widespread vaccination. The measles death rate had decreased nearly 98%. Diseases for which no vaccines were introduced, such as scarlet fever and typhoid fever, also decreased to virtually zero.
“Nearly 90% of the total decline in mortality (scarlet fever, diphtheria, whooping cough, and measles) between 1860 and
1965 occurred before the introduction of antibiotics and widespread immunization.”(12)
According to Robert Mendelsohn, MD: “There is no convincing scientific evidence that mass inoculations can be credited
with eliminating any childhood disease … I urge you to reject all inoculations for your child.”(13)
7 There is no proof the polio vaccine decreased polio. Additionally the polio vaccine is linked to cancer. Due to improper filtering, a monkey virus (SV40) was included in the polio vaccine. SV40 is highly carcinogenic (cancercausing) and is linked to brain tumors, bone cancers, malignant mesothelioma (lung lining cancer) and non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma.(14)
8 I don’t want my baby to get incompletely tested drugs. Vaccines are not tested in combination with others even though they are often administered that way. In addition, they lack testing for their ability to cause cancer, mutations or developmental malformations. They are also untested for their affect on a child’s reproductive system. Shampoos and cosmetics are tested for carcinogenicity but vaccines aren’t.
9 I don’t want my child to get cancer. Pediatric cancer rates have been rising 1% a year since 1974 and cancer is currently the 2nd leading cause of death in children (after accidents). Leukemia and brain tumors, the most common childhood malignancies, are rising dramatically.(15) “Have we traded mumps and measles for cancer and leukemia?” asks Robert Mendelsohn, MD. (16) Vaccination in childhood is linked to autoimmune diseases, skin diseases, degenerative diseases of bone and cartilage and tumors in adult life. (17)
10 I want my child to have natural immunity. Vaccination is unnatural. Diseases contracted naturally arefiltered through immune system defenses (i.e. skin and mucous membranes). However, vaccines are introduced into a child’s body unnaturally – direct injection into the child’s blood stream – giving the vaccine ingredients (bacteria, viri and toxins) access to all of the major tissues and organs of the body without the body’s normal advantage of a total immune response. Modern vaccinations, fear of germs and obsession with hygiene are depriving the immune system of information input upon which it is dependent. This fails to maintain the correct cytokine balance and fine-tune T cell regulation (natural immunity), and may lead to increased incidences of allergies and autoimmune diseases. (31)
11 I want my child to be free of autism and learning disorders. After years of denying a link between
vaccination and autism, on November 9, 2007 the US government in Court of Federal Claims admitted that vaccines can
This follows years of thousands of parents reporting their normal, healthy children descended into autism after receiving
DPT, MMR or other vaccines. Medical researcher Harris Coulter, PhD reports: “Between 15 and 20% of American school
children are considered learning disabled with minimal brain dysfunction directly caused by vaccine damage.”(19)
Dr. Coulter’s estimate (1990) is now a fraction of the larger number of vaccine-damaged children. For example, in 2004
almost five million children ages 3-17 were classified as learning disabled, a three-fold increase since 1976-77, with
comparable increases in attention deficit hyperactive disorder (ADHD) and asthma.(20)
In addition, the American Academy of Pediatrics, in their January 2004 “AUTISM A.L.A.R.M” bulletin, announced that 1 in
6 American children were diagnosed with a developmental disorder and/or behavioral disorder. Vaccination is creating a
generation of neurologically damaged children. If we include other types of vaccine damage such as allergy (including food allergy) and asthma, the numbers are far higher.
12 Vaccines interfere with trans-placental immunity. Trans-placental immunity is the protection the fetus receives from the mother before birth (through the placenta). When a little girl is vaccinated she does not develop all the natural immunity she should have. When she becomes pregnant she cannot pass on as much protection to her unborn baby. That is why measles now occurs in children less than one-year-old and adults over twenty-five, ages where it can be fatal. This was unheard of before vaccination. Vaccines interfere with the age of occurrence of childhood diseases.(21-22)
13 No one knows if vaccine damage can surface years later. “There are no adequate studies to determine the long-term effects of vaccines on our children and future generations.”(23) According to Guylaine Lanctot, MD: “Vaccination is a disaster to the immune system. It actually causes a lot of illnesses. We are changing our genetic code through vaccination.”(24)
14 The flu vaccine has been linked to Alzheimer’s disease and dementia. According to Hugh Fudenberg, MD, the world’s leading immunogeneticist, if an individual has had five consecutive flu shots his/her chances of getting Alzheimer’s disease is ten times higher. Is this why Alzheimer’s is expected to quadruple?(25-26)
15 I want my child to have permanent immunity. Only natural immunity lasts a lifetime and vaccines don’t provide natural immunity. Also, when children are permitted to have infectious diseases of childhood they naturally lower their risk of cancer and heart disease in later life. (27)
16 The vaccines don’t work. Outbreaks have occurred in 100% vaccinated populations.(28) In one school, out of 137 children who contracted measles, 98.7% were vaccinated.(29) Another study found that getting a pertussis (whooping cough) shot increases the chances of getting pertussis.(30)
17 Vaccination dosage isn’t personalized. You can’t lead me to believe that a 5-pound premature baby should get the same dosage as a 60-pound 6-year-old. There is no personalization for weight, health or any other reason. A single vaccine given to a 6-pound newborn is the equivalent of giving an adult 30 vaccinations on the same day.
18 To promote a natural, drug-free lifestyle. How can we tell our children to avoid drugs if we drug them throughout childhood? How can we teach our children that drugs are bad if we take them all the time? Our children are injected with dangerous toxic chemicals that have no benefit and may cause diseases far worse than what they are designed to “prevent.” Natural immunity is safer; natural immunity promotes healthier children; and natural immunity lasts forever.
Some simple natural things to do to keep your immune system going strong are:
1. Drinking pure, clean water daily (half ounce for every pound of body weight daily).
2. Eat plenty of antioxidant-rich fruits and veggies.
3. Everyone needs Vitamin D3 (best to spend 15 minutes daily in the sun; 2nd best is supplementation). Vit D helps control the innate immune response which controls your adaptive (antibody) response. The Annals of Epidemiology states that Cancer (a disease resulting from poor immune response) deaths would drop 50-75% in one year if every American got 2000 units/day of Vit D3 (400 units for infants/kids) and it would work better than a mass vaccination program.
4. Cut out sugar, grains and dairy!
5. Get adjusted by a wellness Chiropractor like myself – adjustments stimulate natural immune responses.
6. Take probiotics (healthy bacteria grown on fruit/veggie sources – not ones grown on dairy, wheat or soy).
7. Regular sleep (including 15 minute naps) and movement (exercise/stretch…at least 10 minutes daily).
8. Avoid other sources of stress: poor diet choices, emotional and/or work-related stress, drugs and vaccines (man-made chemicals with side effects!).
1. Pearce N et al. Is infant immunization a risk factor for childhood asthma or allergy? Epidemiology. 1997;8:678-680.
2. Odent ME, Culpin EE, Kimmel T. Pertussis vaccination and asthma: is there a link? Letter. JAMA. 1994;272(8):593.
3. McKeever TM, et al.Does vaccination increase the risk of developing allergic disease?: a birth cohort study. Winter Abstract supplement to Thorax. 2002;57: Supplement III.
4. Yoneyama H, Suzuki M, Fujii K, Odajima Y. The Effect of DPT and BCG vaccinations on atopic disorders. Arerugi. 2000;49(7):585-592.
5. Mendelsohn R. How To Raise A Healthy Child … In Spite Of Your Doctor. Chicago: Contemporary Books. 1984;232.
6. Statement of the Association of American Physicians & Surgeons to the U.S. House of Representatives, The Subcommittee on Criminal Justice, Drug Policy, and Human Resources of the Committee on Government Reform. Submitted by Jane Orient, M.D. June 14, 1999.
7. Mendelsohn. Ibid:250.
8. Cherry JD et al. Report of the task force on pertussis and pertussis immunization. Pediatrics (Supplement). 1988;939-984.
9. Coulter HL. Vaccination, Social Violence and Criminality: The Medical Assault on the American Brain. Washington, DC: Center for Empirical Medicine. 1990:iv.
10. Kessler D. Introducing MEDWatch. A new approach to reporting medication and device adverse effects and product problems. JAMA. 1993;269(21):2785.
11. Froeschle J. Adverse events associated with childhood vaccines, evidence bearing on causality. Washington DC: Inst of Medicine presentations.5/11/92; 328, Appendix B.
12. Illich I. Medical Nemesis. Chapter 1: The Epidemics of Moder n Medicine. NY: Bantam Books, 1976.
13. Mendelsohn. Ibid:230.
14. Vilchez RA, Kozinetz CA, Arrington, AS. Simian virus 40 in human cancers. The American Journal of Medicine. 2003;114(8):675-684.
15. Increase in childhood brain tumors likely cue to better diagnosis and reporting: incidence rise coincides with spread of MRI. NIH news release. September 1,1988.
16. Mendelsohn. Ibid:233.
17. Renne T. Measles virus infection without rash leads to disease in adult life. Lancet. 5 January 1985.
18. Kirby D. Government concedes vaccine-autism case in federal court – Now what? The Huffington Post. February 25, 2008.
19. Coulter. Ibid.
20. Bloom B, Dey AN. Summary health statistics for U.S. children: National health interview sur vey, 2004, U.S. CDC and Prevention, National Center for Health Statistics.
21. Papania M, Baughman AL, Lee S et al. Increased susceptibility to measles in infants in the United States. Pediatrics. 1999;104(5):e59.
22. MMWR. 1991;40:369-372 in JAMA.1991;265(24).
23. US Rep. Dan Burton. LA Times. Letter to the editor. April 24, 2000.
24. Medical Post. December 1994.
25. Dr. Fudenberg at the NVIC International Vaccine Conference, Arlington, VA September, 1997. Quoted with permission.
26. John’s Hopkins Newsletter. November 1998.
27. Albonico HU, Braker HU, Husler J. Febrile infectious childhood diseases in the history of cancer patients and matched controls. Medical Hypotheses. 1998;51(4):315-20.
28. MMWR. US Govt. 12/29/89/38(S-9):1-18.
29. Davis RM, Whitman ED, Orenstein WA. A persistent outbreak of measles despite appropriate prevention and control measures. Am J Epidemiol. 1987;126(3):438-449.
30. De Melker HE, Schellekens JFP, Neppelenbroek SE et al. Reemergence of pertussis in the highly vaccinated population of The Netherlands: observations on surveillance data. Emerging Infectious Diseases. 2000;6(4):348-357.
31. Immunology Today, March 1998, Vol. 19 p 113-116
Current average ratings.